For regulars, reservists, veterans, MOD civilians & contractors and forces family & friends
We've teamed up with PJ Hayman, a specialist travel insurer for over 30 years, to offer you their Travel Plus holiday insurance. The insurance is designed to give you adequate protection and peace of mind leading up to and during your trip, including cover for trip cancellations due to unexpected military call-up. Travel Plus offers competitive, value-for-money, travel insurance product for military personnel taking personal holidays, travel for individuals, families, and one parent families. Choose between single trip and annual cover and from three different cover levels (Essential, Premier and Premier Plus) with both offering a range of great cover features.
Who is this suitable for?
Regulars and Reservists serving in the United Kingdom’s Armed Forces: The Royal Navy/Royal Marines, the British Army and the Royal Air Force. Veterans and MOD civilians and contractors.
What travel insurance is available?
You have a choice of three levels of cover with Travel Plus – Essential, Premier and Premier Plus so that you only ever pay for what you need. All the levels offer a range of great features, including cover for specific add-ons for various activities you may wish to partake in whilst on holiday.
Does this insurance cover for Covid-19?
Travel Plus provides cover if you or a member of your party travelling with you has to cancel due to having been taken ill with Coronavirus. Once you start the quote process there is a Fact Sheet specifically for Coronavirus and what cover is available and important information.
What should I be thinking about when selecting a cover level?
It is really important that you choose the correct level of insurance for your travel needs. What happens if your leave is cancelled, how much is your holiday worth and will the cancellation cover that? Are you taking part in any activities whilst on your trip? You will find all the details you need in the policy documents provided so make sure you read them carefully.
What's covered? *Benefits shown are for Premier Plus
- Up to £10,000 Cancellation cover including unavoidable military duty
- £3,000 cover for baggage
- Up to £10m medical expenses
- £30,000 for Personal Accident – death
- £1,500 cover for theft, accidental damage, loss and unauthorised call/data us for gadgets
- Worldwide or European cover
- Optional winter sports cover available to add on
- Travel from the UK or an overseas base
- Repatriation to the UK or overseas base
- Emergency cattery/kennel costs over if delayed due to illness or injury
- 24 hour/365 days a year medical assistance with multi-lingual operators
What's not covered?
- Any claim from you failing to take medication as prescribed by your medical practitioner
- Any claim arising from you being under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Any claim arising from you being involved in any criminal act
- Any claim arising from pre-existing medical conditions (see medical declaration)
- Any claim related to circumstances that the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office are advising against all but essential travel to a country or region; or any claims where they are advising against ALL travel to that country or region.
- Any claim for travel against medical advice or to receive medical treatment
- Any covid-19 related claims where you have not received the recommended number of doses of an approved coronavirus vaccine 14 days prior to your trip commencing, unless you were ineligible for vaccination, or unable to receive the vaccine for medical reasons, and this is shown in your medical records
Is there a policy excess?
The excess payment will vary depending on your chosen level of cover and ranges from £100 for the Essential Cover and £50 for Premier Plus.
It is possible to cover the excess amount on your travel insurance policy by taking out the Trinity Excess Protection Insurance – this low-cost insurance reimburses the excess amount stated on your policy in the event of a claim and you can choose how many policies you cover for example your home insurance, car insurance and travel insurance. The excess applies to each person insured on the policy for each claim made.
Frequently asked questions
Is there an age limit on this travel insurance?
The Travel Plus policy has some age restrictions. When applying for the insurance you will be asked for your current age and cover will be given based on the information provided and when you plan to travel. For single trip the age limit is 65 on the Essential Cover and 75 or under for Premier and Premier Plus.
Is there a maximum number of days I can be away for?
The policy only offers cover up to a certain number of days when purchasing single trip insurance. Annual multi-trip policies will include a maximum trip limit also. The policy schedule will include confirmation of the maximum cover provided.
Am I covered for travel delays?
Yes depending on the cover you select you will be covered for travel delay, missed documents and missed connections. Please note there is no cover for travel delay on the Essential policy.
Will the insurance cover me if I lose cash or important documents whilst away?
Yes, all the Travel Plus levels cover cash, passport, documents and driving licence.
Does this insurance cover military duty?
Yes this insurance covers you for trip cancellations due to unexpected military duty. If you are a member of the Armed Forces and you are required to stay in your country of residence because your leave is unexpectedly withdrawn this policy will cover you for cancellation.
Need help with your military travel insurance requirements?
Request a call back via our call back form
Send us an email at email@example.com
Or call us on