We've teamed up with Columbus Direct, a specialist insurer for over 30 years, to offer you travel insurance. The insurance is designed to give you adequate protection and peace of mind, including cover for unexpected military call up. Columbus Direct offers competitive, value-for-money, travel insurance for members of the armed forces taking personal holidays, travel for all the family and trips with friends. Choose between single trip and annual cover, with both offering a range of great features.
Who is this suitable for?
This travel insurance is suitable for regulars, reservists, veterans, MOD Civilians & Contractors and Forces Family & Friends.
What travel insurance is available?
You have a choice of three levels of cover so that you only ever pay for what you need. The Bronze, Silver and Gold policies all offer a range of great features, including cover for specific add-ons for various activities you may wish to partake in whilst on holiday.
Does this insurance cover for Covid-19?
Cover for Covid-19 is available to customers, including cover for costs incurred for medical treatment abroad and for cancellation claims where you test positive for the virus and are unable to travel.
What should I be thinking about when selecting a cover level?
It is imperative you choose the correct insurance for your travel needs. Are you taking part in any activities whilst on holiday? You will find all the details you need in the documents provided. There are restrictions on participation in certain activities, professional or organised sports, racing, speed or endurance tests but check your travel insurance policy wording as certain sports and activities may be covered.
What's covered? (Terms apply. Cover limits shown are for Columbus Gold Cover)
- Cancellation cover for unavoidable military duty*
- Worldwide or European cover
- Travel from the UK or an overseas base
- Up to £15m medical expenses
- Up to £2m personal liability cover
- Repatriation to the UK or overseas base
- Up to £5,000 for scheduled airline failure
- Travel Delay
- Optional winter sports cover available
- A UK based 24 hour medical emergency helpline is available
What's not covered?
- Any claim from you failing to take medication as prescribed by your medical practitioner
- Any claim arising from you being under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Any claim arising from you being involved in any criminal act
- Any claim arising from pre-existing medical conditions (see medical declaration)
- Any claim related to circumstances that the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office are advising against all but essential travel to a country or region; or any claims where they are advising against ALL travel to that country or region.
- Any claim for travel against medical advice or to receive medical treatment
- The excess as stated in your chosen policy
Is there a policy excess?
The excess payment will vary depending on your chosen level of cover and ranges from £50 to £150 per person, per claim.
It is possible to cover the excess amount on your travel insurance policy by taking out the Trinity Excess Protection Insurance – this low-cost insurance reimburses the excess amount stated on your policy in the event of a claim and you can choose how many policies you cover for example your home insurance, car insurance and travel insurance. The excess applies to each person insured on the policy for each claim made.
Is there an age limit on your travel insurance?
Our military travel policies are restricted by age. When applying for insurance you will be asked for your current age and cover will be given based on the information provided. Failure to give us the correct information could invalidate cover.
Is there a maximum number of days I can be away for?
We only offer cover up to a certain number of days when purchasing single trip insurance. Annual multi-trip policies will include a maximum trip limit also. The policy schedule will include confirmation of the maximum cover we will provide.
Am I covered for travel delays?
Our military travel insurance provides cover if your flight, sea crossing, coach or train departure is delayed because of strike or industrial action, poor weather conditions or mechanical breakdown by at least 12 hours or if you have to abandon your outward trip
Will the insurance cover me if I lose cash or important documents whilst away?
Our military travel insurance provides cover for cash, money and postal orders lost or stolen during your trip. Money must be kept with you at all times or be in a locked safety deposit box, and a written police report must be obtained within 48 hours to support the loss/theft.