Why Choose Trinity?
We've been serving the Navy community for over 23 years and understand the unique needs of those serving.
Quality protection for your Navy Kit. Room or home contents and personal items from £13.26 a month available to buy in a few simple steps
4.7/5 for our customer service
- Military issued kit and equipment
- Personal possessions
- Home contents or room contents
- Licence to occupy insurance cover
- Worldwide cover
- Personal kit you have purchased
- Accidental damage
- Transit moves
- Theft of money
- Legal expenses
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Frozen food
- Personal legal liability
What's not covered?
- Existing or deliberate damage
- Damage caused by mechanical faults or breakdown
- Damage arising by wear or tear
Based on this level of cover, we estimate the monthly premium to be:£
Why choose Trinity’s Navy Kit insurance?
- Individual and family policies available
- Bespoke to you and your needs – only pay for what you need
- Cover wherever you are in the world
- No paperwork to complete, just provide your sort code and account number for your monthly premium collection
- Trusted by many of your Navy colleagues – see our latest customer reviews
- Use our customer portal to manage your policy – increase your coverage, change your contact details, easy access to documentation
Snapshot of policy cover and pricing
- £2,000 room contents
- £3,000 personal possessions
- £1300 pedal cycle top up (£400 included in policy)
£19.89 per month
Family policy (covering two children in owned home)
- £30,000 home contents
- £6,000 personal possessions
£34.99 per month
Important Information and documents
See our policy wording document for full details on what's covered policywording (1MB)
Insurance Product Information Document IPID (45kb)
Terms of Business Terms of Business (36kb)
Need to make a claim?
Call: 0808 175 4908 (freephone) Email: TRIclaims@relaltd.com (if emailing please include your policy/membership number, date of loss and a claim description)
"Sterling service with a personal touch. Superb service from Matthew, who answered my complex queries in detail in what proved to be a much longer call than expected! From response to web enquiry to emailing my revised policy documents to me while we were still talking, nothing was too much trouble. Very happy to continue using Trinity and world recommend them to anyone."
Are legal fees included in this insurance policy?
If you have a legal problem and need to discuss it with someone, our legal helpline is there for you to use whichever country you are based in. In certain areas such as employment disputes, contractual disputes and personal injury you can be provided with up to £75,000 of legal expenses.
Is there a policy excess?
Excess is £50 per claim except for mobiles which is £75 per claim. In respect of goods in transit the excess is increased to £250 for claims occurring within first 3 months.
Why do I need Navy kit, contents and personal possessions insurance?
A kit, contents and personal possessions insurance policy is essential to cover for loss, damage, fire and theft to your issued or temporary uniform and equipment. It also includes your own items such as laptops and mobile phones, as well as protection for your belongings in either your living quarters on camp or at home, and that’s worldwide.
What is licence to occupy?
If you live in service accommodation, you are responsible for any damage up to the sum currently advised by the MOD. In August 2011, this was set at £20,000 – this applies whether you are living as a single person or in a married quarter.
Our RAF kit and home policy automatically provides cover should you cause any damage.
Are my belongings covered if I'm posted?
When you are moving around, such as deployment or posting overseas, your belongings are covered in transit and storage if required. You can always give us a call if you want to check anything.